Skip to main content

Movie Review: Death On The Nile

What a movie!

I'm a stickler for investigative crime movies: Knives Out, Sherlock Holmes, Upper Room Fixer series, Enola Homes, etc.

Trying to solve the crime with the detective as his mind wanders through a  plethora of unusual suspects is just amazing to me and so you can understand why Death On The Nile was so intriguing.

Movie Plot

Detective Hercule Poirot (This surname needs some work) is back with murder within a murder within a murder within two more murders. While on a visit to Egypt, Poirot uncovers his greatest murder ever as a newlywed couple battles the envious eyes of friends and foe.

Okay, so that happened.

The movie uses an hour to drive us through what Poirot already tagged as acts 1, 2 and 3. We get to see Linnet shine and fall in love with her friend's man.

Linnet

First off, this was really low for Linnet. Come on already.

Men are surplus and in quanta. She could have been with the doctor or found another one, but she opted for her friend's man. 

Why wouldn't she have sleepless nights?

Oh, she then goes ahead to invite her almost married husband to come for the honeymoon.

How does this even make sense?

She might as well as invited her friend so that we know it's a jilted lovers association.

Really bad move.

I so did not like that about her.

Moving on.

Simon is just the worse. I don't want to get into his matter yet, so well fast forward for now.


Bouc

Darling handsome, dazzling Bouc. Why did you have to get entangled in such messy stuff? I get it that he wanted to make a life for himself and Rosie, but not by theft, Bouc.

Now I have to blame the mother because if she had at least accepted Rosie, maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have been tempted to steal the necklace and hide Linnet's murder from others.

He shouldn't have died. He really didn't deserve to go out that way. I wonder what his mother is going to do with all her money now? Imagine going as far as hiring Hercule to investigate his love interest. Mothers need to learn to let go sometimes.


Andrew

You take your cousin's trust for granted, use her fortune to dabble unto other things and then you almost boulder her and her fiance to death. Right now, I wish it had actually hit Simon and turned him into a pancake of blood and crushed bones.

That is a serious extreme to go because you owe. Why not meet her and explain, or better still, save up enough money and repay.

the whole boulder incident was shady and I don't think I can trust him after all.


Louise

If a man chose to settle his debts over me, I might be miffed and furious at the person who offered the payment. How she smiled day in and out is just odd.

So you found out who killed and allowed greed to get the better part of you.

Don't people reason? If the killer could have killed his wife, what makes you any special? Didn't she ask herself that? She was a fool to think she would have been paid for life.

Sad.


Simon

Low life, double-crossing, good for nothing human filth is what Armie Hammer portrayed. My gosh. Couldn't they think of other ways to dupe her? He murdered her in cold blood. 

No hesitation, even when she called out his name. 

What a black heart. I love how Hammer brought the character to life. He so all so innocent and harmless, even went as far as shooting himself. Wow! Just wow. 

Get a job. bozo!

When you're broke, you get a job. That's the right thing to do. The efforts and planning that went into the murder would have been used to develop a sound business plan, but no, of course, he wants the easy way out.

And Jacqueline, I have no words. Better how they ended up dead.


Hercule

I like how we get to see the backstory of the detective and the reason behind the moustache. Well, I don't blame him for not loving again, but that ending scene where he looked absolutely unrecognisable tells just how much facial hair does to your identity.

I have to say he let his guard a bit down in the first instance. Drinking and merriment. Quite unlike him. But he delivered, albeit after losing the only person he actually calls friend.

Does he have OCD? I don't know if it's that extreme, but wanting things to be six or a perfectly centred egg, centred dead body just feels odd. But since he is him, I guess odd is a natural trait.

The other characters gave it their A-game. Nice seeing Shuri try something this cool and still shine bright.

I enjoyed the entire two hours and eight minutes of this watch. It had just enough elements to keep you on your toes long enough to figure out what is happening. Yes, the first one hour almost dragged n, but I get they wanted to give us a back story into what would unfold before us.

I don't want to compare it to the first one and I've not read the books either, so yeah, an 8 because I enjoyed it so.

Rating: 8/10




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Review: The Adam Project

"Oh, that's funny. It farts when I laugh." I just can't.😂🤣🤣 Halo. Another movie review here. We'll be looking at The Adam Project. Movie Review A pilot goes back in time to search for his missing wife in so doing enlists the help of his younger self and his late father. From the first time I saw the trailer I knew I would laugh my ass out. Ryan Reynolds has decided to just feature in any movie he absolutely feels like. Storyline Let's start with the not-so spectacular part of this movie. The storyline wasn't excitingly crazy. It was there. Just there. Time travel with a blend of romance missions, messing with the timeline, embracing loss, and a happy beginning at the end. That pretty much sums it up. The good part is that it was grand. The action, the shooting, the comedy. Acts Ryan Reynolds was Ryan Reynolds and there's no changing him. The way he talks and laughs and just includes those ridiculous lines always has me in a g

Movie Review: Encanto

"Maybe your gift is being in denial." Ouch! That stung. Have you seen Encanto ? If yes, ride along and let's go through fun scenes. If you haven't, book a seat, enjoy the ride. Have you accidentally called it Enchanto instead of Encanto? No need to fret, I also had the same issue the first time I sww the trialer. Movie recap A family is blessed with supernatural powers with each child exhibiting a different power from the other. The magic surrounding the family falls into chaos and it's up to one member of the family to save them all. Madrigal! I've been humming her song for a while now. The tune and beat just stay with you. Plot Massive spoilers ahead. In the Madrigal family we have Abuela, and her three kids—Pepa, Julietta and Bruno and then we have her grandkids—Mirabel, Dolores, Isabella, Louisa, Camilo and Antonio. Pepa, Julietta and Bruno are blessed with weather influence, healing and vision respectively. Their kids Louisa, Isabella, Camilo,